orphan/retire gradle

puntogil at libero.it puntogil at libero.it
Tue Nov 26 20:22:25 UTC 2013

Il 26/11/2013 20:57, Pavel Alexeev ha scritto:
> 26.11.2013 20:00, puntogil at libero.it пишет:

>>> Then we have circle?
>> yes
>>> That problem what you discussing before (pointed in
>>> mail list previously)?
>> yes, but if you do the same type of question the answer is always the
>> same
>>> So, no chance update both without exception use
>>> binary bundled version or fully maintain alternative build system
>>> (bootstrap)?
>>
>> what would change? ... own nothing ...
>> gradle, use at runtime those libraries, and don't work with our ...
>>
> Ok, sorry for the stupid questions. May be it because I can't believe
> in it.
questions are never stupid,
> One more question. Did you see how other distributions handle it?
> Debian have groovy 2.1.0 (
> http://packages.debian.org/experimental/groovy ) and gradle 1.4 (
> http://packages.debian.org/search?searchon=names&keywords=gradle )
Debian packaging guideline allow some things,  such as, for e.g.,
groovy-all (with its bundled libraries asm3 commons-cli antlr 2.x) or
maven-ant-tasks (with its bundled libraries ...) or maven 2.x or
plexus-container-default 1.0-xxx, etc etc.
and i dont know if the experimental Debian branch is usable with gradle
... but i think no
about this topic it has been discussed for a long time, and now this
conversation is only a repetition.
and repeating the same things i "broke the boxes", then do not take it amiss
regards
again my apologized