Adding X-AppInstall-Package to all applications at rpm build time

Miloslav Trmač mitr at volny.cz
Wed Oct 2 17:44:26 UTC 2013

On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 2:47 PM, Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com> wrote:
> What would people think about doing this in #fedora.spec files?
>
> # make the software center load faster
> desktop-file-edit %{buildroot}%{_datadir}/applications/*.desktop \
>     --set-key=X-AppInstall-Package --set-value=%{name}

(No, this does not really answer your specific question.)

"That we need facilities in the packaging system to be able to make
such a change in a single place, so that it would affect all
packages."

I suppose the Flock ... discussions ... about using Conary to build
RPMs have gone nowhere (I at least can't find a working canonical
Conary download page or SCM, so that's that) - but we do need to
improve the tooling, with or without having Conary to fall back on.
    Mirek