Building and submitting updates for Fedora 20

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Sun Oct 6 14:06:31 UTC 2013

I shouldn't have to remind packagers that post Alpha branching
packages that are updates for rawhide (unless of course you're doing
early rawhide dev for the next release) and/or earlier releases also
need to both build and submit updates for Fedora 20.

I've just done a "yum --releasever=20 distro-sync" and had a number of
packages downgraded due to a failure of their maintainers to properly
follow the updates procedure or in some cases even build the package
for Fedora 20.

Packagers if you've not done that please remember to do so and fix
your packages accordingly! I've fixed the following packages for their
maintainers by either building the NVR for F-20 or submitting the
build update:
yum-utils
xorg-x11-drv-wacom
python-urlgrabber
nfs-utils
hwdata
createrepo
rtkit
cross-gcc
fakeroot
setroubleshoot-plugins
unbound

The following need to be reviewed by the maintainer as there's a
number of builds or other issues:
plymouth
cups-filters

Regards,