systemd & running legacy sys V init.d script for newrelic

Lennart Poettering mzerqung at 0pointer.de
Sun Oct 6 21:40:02 UTC 2013

On Sun, 06.10.13 16:16, Muayyad AlSadi (alsadi at gmail.com) wrote:

> hi,
>
> we are using newrelic to monitor our server, they use some init.d script
> which does not seem to like fedora 18
>
> their script broke just after sourcing functions
>
> is there some workaround ? or different file to source for legacy software

We provide a pretty high level compatibility with classic sysv (classic
sysv referring to Fedora's flavour of sysv of old in this case), but not
100%. Where we are aware of incompatibilities we have documented them:

http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/Incompatibilities/

The vast majority of sysv init scripts should just work, but not all.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.