python-urlgrabber, yum: blatant disregard for packaging guidelines and common sense

H. Guémar hguemar at fedoraproject.org
Tue Oct 8 20:21:04 UTC 2013

Hi,

Thank you for sharing that sad issue :(
i wish that we could review regularly all packages but that's obviously not
feasible.
What is doable:
* automated review of packages: git hooks ? regular mass fedora-review
checks ? triggering a mail to a list ? our scm watchdogs do a great job at
spotting some mistakes at specs might be worthy to try.
* randomly choosing a number of packages every release and make them
reviewed by volunteer packagers ?

When common core/products plan will be active, we could focus on a smaller
set of packages to improve packaging consistency (that's one of the
benefits of reducing our scope)

H.