gnome-boxes downgrade in F-19

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Oct 11 12:05:06 UTC 2013

> Jerry James wrote:
> > On Aug 13, update FEDORA-2013-14530 acquired enough karma to be
> > autopushed to stable.  It went stable on Aug 15.
> >
> > The first update, FEDORA-2013-14567, stayed in limbo for awhile until
> > positive karma was given to it on Sep 28 and 29, causing it to reach
> > its karma threshold on Sep 29, and be autopushed to stable.  On Sep
> > 30, it went stable, wiping out the -2 build.
>
> The real issue there is autokarma. I have complained several times about how
> broken that concept is. If the decision to push to stable had been made by a
> sentient being, chances are this would not have happened.

A sentient being made a decision to use autokarma. Maintainers can
choose not to.

The 'real issue' is clearly, as the previous posters stated, a bug in
Bodhi. There are probably several; I suspect there's a different problem
in the case where there's one update with multiple packages and then
someone submits a newer update containing a newer build of only *one* of
those packages. I don't think Bodhi does anything that could be
considered 'the right thing' there either. Given the complexity of this
case, I do think it would be a good idea to have a backstop 'sanity
check' in Bodhi which would never allow a superseded update to be pushed
stable without an explicit manual override.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey