New maintainer for lirc/Jarod Wilson's packages

Alec Leamas leamas.alec at gmail.com
Sat Oct 12 09:51:45 UTC 2013

On 10/12/2013 09:55 AM, Till Maas wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 01, 2013 at 07:50:45PM +0200, Till Maas wrote:
>
>> cx18-firmware -- Firmware for Conexant cx23418-based video capture
>> devices
>> libcrystalhd -- Broadcom Crystal HD device interface library
>> lirc -- The Linux Infrared Remote Control package
>> rinputd -- A server for receiving input events over the network
>> wacomexpresskeys -- Wacom ExpressKeys and Touch Strips configuration
>> utility
> The packages are now orphaned, so please pick them up.
>
> Regards
> Till
I have built a new release 15 which is available shortly in
updates-testing for f19 (not rawhide ATM). This is  *huge* update, and
although many things hopefully are resolved chances are quite high for
new bugs. Please, test this package  and give some karma. Without
feedback I'll really hesitate to push it, for sure.

--alec

BTW: If someone wants to see in detail what's done the best bet is the
commit log at https://github.com/leamas/lirc-pkg. Otherwise, here is the
changelog:

%changelog
* Thu Oct 10 2013 Alec Leamas <leamas.alec at nowhere.net> - 0.9.0-15
- Actually use sysconfig files (881976)
- Modify lirc.service to not fork.
- Add support for iguanaIR driver (#954146).
- Add hardened build flag (955144).
- Use actual systemd macros (850191).
- Clean up some nowadays not used directives.
- Run autoreconf by default (926082).
- Cleanup some obsoleted autotools usage, two new patches.
- Deactivate other decoders on start (923978).
- Filter away docdir dependencies.
- Remove obsolete F8 upgrade Obsoletes: (sic!).
- Fix inconsistent/duplicate /usr/share/lirc in %%files.
- Add %%doc (notably COPYING) to remotes subpackage.
- Claim /etc/lirc.
- Update to latest upstream (10 patches).
- Use /var and /etc instead of %%{_sysconfdir} and %%{localstatedir}.
- Removed obsolete code to move config files to /etc/lirc in %%post.
- Renamed main systemd service: lirc.service -> lircd.service.
- Added socket activation support.
- Don't claim temporary files in /run/lirc, they are just transient.
- Initiate lircd.conf, lircmd.conf from external template.
- Bumping release, 14 is published.