How long do 0-karma packages stay in testing (in F20) now?

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sun Oct 13 21:35:08 UTC 2013

On Sun, Oct 13, 2013 at 02:05:08PM -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Oct 2013 20:21:47 +0100
> "Richard W.M. Jones" <rjones at redhat.com> wrote:
>

> > ... and how do I find out?  I checked over all recent messages on
> > devel-announce, but it doesn't seem to be mentioned.
> >
> > Also, automatic obsoleting of builds is a bit of a mixed blessing.  On
> > the one hand it's useful to obsolete an older build when a newer one
> > comes along.  On the other hand it prevents me from "pipelining"
> > packages, which means I can never get a build into the release for a
> > frequently updated package.  It would be nice to be able to turn this
> > off for specific packages or builds.
>
> Consult the fine updates policy page:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Updates_Policy#Pre_Beta

Ah, easy when you know where!  So it looks like 3 days, although some
have spent a bit longer, eg:

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2013-18415/libguestfs-1.23.25-1.fc20

which seems to have spent 5 days in testing (before being obsoleted).
The actual push to testing event is not where it starts counting?

Rich.