Lack of response about sponsorship

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Thu Oct 17 12:30:04 UTC 2013

On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 08:19:11PM -0700, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
> Considering the reporter is also a entrepreneur who took the time to
> port some of upstream packages to Fedora, I am utterly disappointed
> by the lack of communication from the sponsors for a simple task.
> The fact the reporter vainly tried to ask for sponsorship leaves a
> negative impression as if the communication are uninterested to
> bring more contributors outside Fedora.

I agree; this is a problem. (In general, I think the beg-for-review-swaps
system is not friendly to new contributors.) I see that you applied for
sponsorship https://fedorahosted.org/packager-sponsors/ticket/90 but there
wasn't enough activity on the ticket to make the approval threshold. Maybe
something which attracts more activity from sponsors in reviewing new
sponsors would help?