F21/F22 System Wide Change: Python 3 as the Default Implementation

Ales Kozumplik akozumpl at redhat.com
Fri Oct 18 07:19:30 UTC 2013

On 10/16/2013 11:13 PM, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> * Need to clarify if the DNF bindings will exist for both python2 and
>    python3 or just python3.  This could affect releng, mock maintainer, etc.

Until Anaconda is in Python 2, DNF will support both Py2 and Py3. Once
Anaconda switches to Py3 DNF will officially drop support for Py2. Same
for hawkey.

At least that's the plan but we have no problem prolonging the Py2/Py3
period for a Fedora release or two. Though it would be very preferable
to have a solid set date.

Ales