how to withdraw glusterfs from epel?

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 16:49:54 UTC 2013

On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 11:06:31AM -0400, Kaleb S. KEITHLEY wrote:
> On 10/18/2013 10:54 AM, Steve Gordon wrote:
>

> >Would it be against the guidelines to move to packaging it (the software itself, not a repo file) in Fedora/EPEL as glusterfs-community?
> >

> I'm sure it is against the guidelines. Under any name it'd still be
> shipping a set of RPMs that conflict with RPMs in the RHEL base
> channel — or will be soon.
>
> And just to be clear, it's already been made clear that a repo file
> is not acceptable.
>
> Now I'm asking if I can morph the packaging (for EPEL) from several
> glusterfs-*.RPMs to a single glusterfs-community-doc (or something
> similar) RPM containing a README. This is instead of completely
> withdrawing "community glusterfs" from EPEL.

I think that would be acceptable.  It's content rather than code so falls
under this section of the fedora packaging  guidelines:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines?rd=Packaging/Guidelines#Code_Vs_Content

Since this is for epel only, you probably want to talk to the other epel
maintainers about whether they have any issue with this plan but I don't
think it violates any Fedora Packaging Guidelines.

-Toshio