Fedora 20 Beta blocker bug status: fix and karma requests

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Mon Oct 21 15:00:23 UTC 2013

On Oct 21, 2013, at 7:58 AM, Gene Czarcinski <gene at czarc.net> wrote:

> If I specifically specify an existing regular partition or logical volume as swap and specify "--noformat" in the kickstart file, then the way it has been working is that such swap specifications are added to fstab.

Regression in kickstart? I can't do this in the GUI. I have to reformat swap for some reason.

My speculation is wrong in any case with GUI install, swap is still put in the fstab with anaconda 20.25.1-1 and RHBZ 1017509 still applies.

>  Of course if I have another system install into different partitions and it is also using that swap by UUID, it now will be screwed.

I agree, not friendly.

>  Sometimes using UUID is not a good idea.  This problem has been bugzill'ed.  I was hoping the "swap-fix" would help with that but I believe it will not.

So then the question is, if the disk is GPT, can/should systemd use UniquePartitionGUID in the GPT for swap partitions rather than the swap volume format UUID? The UniquePartitionGUID is more stable.

Chris Murphy