Lack of response about sponsorship

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Thu Oct 24 06:46:08 UTC 2013

On 10/24/2013 07:01 AM, Christopher Meng wrote:
> Errr...
>
> I just hope if a packager is also its upstream, we can sponsor him
> quickly as well.
Why should we? I don't see why this should be of any relevance.

Somebody being involved into upstream only is an indication for somebody
being familiar with a package's contents.
It doesn't tell us anything about his familiarity with Fedora-packaging
nor about his package's quality.

Unfortunately, experience also tells, there are occations, in which
people, who are close to upstream, sometimes fail to apply a neutral
view on their works.

>   Also applied to "comaintainer as upstream". And if
> people coming from some Big Company like Oracle/HP, we can sponsor
> them as well as normal guys.
Right, a person's $dayjob's affiliation should not be of any importance
in Fedora.

Ralf