communications and community [was Re: Lack of response about sponsorship]

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 16:17:59 UTC 2013

On Tue, 22 Oct 2013 16:17:14 -0400, Bill Nottingham wrote:

> I would think that if we are in a situation where people who do development
> don't subscribe to the devel list because of 'energy' reasons
> (disillusionment, feelings of either a) pointlessness b) fait-accompli,
> etc.), then just moving things to -announce is not actually solving the
> problem.

Isn't it similar with bugzilla.redhat.com and package maintainers not
responding to the hundreds of problem reports they receive there?

There even is a separate Fedora list for "glibc" these days, with
seldomly many more than half a dozen messages per month:

An own list for "Zarafa", with not even a single post per month:
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/zarafa/

A brand-new one for "gnome", created on Sep 17th, with no more
than the custom Welcome message:
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/gnome/

Not even sure how that one relates to "desktop" list, which has had its
peak activity with 223 messages in March 2013, but doesn't have a
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/desktop/

There are more examples at: