communications and community [was Re: Lack of response about sponsorship]

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Fri Oct 25 21:41:23 UTC 2013

On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 10:41:12AM -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > mailman topics/keywords features to sort into meaningful sub-categories. I
> > understand that hyperkitty will make this nice and easy, but it's also not
> > really very hard just as email. Note that you can subscribe to just certain
> > topics, if you are not interested in certain areas.
> So, have fewer lists, but then have what are effectively sub-lists
> within the lists. Where exactly is the win?

Opting in / out of topics is more lightweight than subscribing and
unsubscribing. And the web interface will present it all together with easy
ways to filter on the fly.

(I notice that hyperkitty lets me change categories for a post after the
fact; this is cool and I think desirable but I'm not sure how it interacts
if at all with mailman keywords.)

I'd love to hear better suggestions.... the main problem seems to be "it's
so busy no one goes there anymore". How can we keep the discussion cohesive
but prevent it from becoming overwhelming?