Lack of response about sponsorship

Ben Boeckel mathstuf at gmail.com
Sun Oct 27 01:54:44 UTC 2013

On Sat, 19 Oct, 2013 at 22:22:58 GMT, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> How about anytime someone (who is not a sponsor) has helped someone not
> yet sponsored and thinks their package(s) are ready for official
> review/sponsorship, they mail the pool of sponsors asking for someone
> to step up and do so? Or we add another state sponsors could query for
> this?

Well, there is FE-NEEDSPONSOR. Could we add a checkbox to this page[1]
for needing a sponsor? A new packager might not know about
FE-NEEDSPONSOR and getting it right up front would help, I'd think.

I also wouldn't mind seeing a list of FE-NEEDSPONSOR bugs be emailed to
devel@ (similar to the ownership change email). Open reviews might be
nice as well, but maybe just FE-NEEDSPONSOR would be something to start
with.

--Ben

[1]https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=Fedora&format=fedora-review