libodb-devel not available for arm?

Dave Johansen davejohansen at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 15:21:18 UTC 2013

On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 12:50 AM, Dan HorĂ¡k <dan at danny.cz> wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Oct 2013 19:51:48 -0700
> Dave Johansen <davejohansen at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm packaging odb ( http://codesynthesis.com/products/odb/ ) for
> > Fedora/RHEL and I've run into a bit of a problem. Everything worked
> > fine for f18 and f19, but when I try to build libdodb-boost for f20 I
> > get an error that libodb-devel isn't available on the arm builds (
> > http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=6109976 ), but I
> > built it a while back
> > ( http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=5994819).
> >
> > Is there something that I did wrong in the packaging process? Or is
> > there something I can do to fix this so I can finish packaging the
> > ODB runtimes for f20?
>
> For building f20 packages you need set a buildroot override in Bodhi for
> libodb as f20 is still in beta freeze and the libodb-2.2.3-1.fc20 build
> is not yet in the f20 repo. Also the i686 and x86_64 builds of
> libodb-boost used the f19 build of libodb which is wrong. The
> difference is that arm is primary arch since f20 and thus there is no
> f19 libodb build for arm.

Ok, that makes sense, but how do I do a buildroot override. This page (
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_update_HOWTO#For_Developers ) talks
about it and refers to this page (
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Alpha_Milestone?rd=Alpha_Freeze_Policy ).
Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see any info or instructions about
how I'm supposed to resolve this on either of those pages. So what do I
need to do to resolve this?

Also, how/why are the i686 and x86_64 builds using the f19 dependencies? Am
I doing something wrong that is causing that? Because it seems like that
shouldn't even be possible.

Thanks,
Dave