Agenda for Today's Cloud WG Meeting (2013-10-30 19:00 UTC)

Josh Boyer jwboyer at fedoraproject.org
Wed Oct 30 13:06:30 UTC 2013

On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 8:20 AM, Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Hello everyone. Our initial Cloud WG meeting today is today at 19:00 UTC
> (3pm EDT). We'll use #fedora-meeting-1 (because the FESCo meeting in
> #fedora-meeting has been running more than an hour). All are welcome.
>
> == Communications ==
>
> - mailing list vs. irc meetings
> - trac instance
>
> == Next Steps ==
>
> - draft governance <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Cloud_WG>

(I really really! hate wikis for doing drafts because commenting on
them this way is horrible.)

You have basically the top-level landing page for the WG there.  It
has all the relevant information one would expect, but I think some of
the sections go beyond governance.  Specifically, the Mission, Role in
Fedora, and Communications section aren't really related to the
governance _of_ the WG.  Maybe create a ==Governance== section and
split it to it's own page?

Under the membership section, you don't have anything regarding what
happens if you have a member relinquish their seat.  I added the
following to the Workstation draft.  Just an FYI:

"In the event that a current member relinquishes their seat, that seat
will be filled by the first runner up in the previous election.  If
that person is not able or willing to fill the seat, it will go to
each successive runner up until the seat is filled.  If there are no
candidates available or remaining from the previous election, the Work
Group will fill the seat by selecting a candidate and approving by
majority consensus."

josh