[Fedora Base Design WG] Initial committee proposal and selection reasoning

Josh Boyer jwboyer at fedoraproject.org
Wed Oct 30 14:44:41 UTC 2013

On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 10:56 AM, Josh Boyer <jwboyer at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 10:43 AM, Phil Knirsch <pknirsch at redhat.com> wrote:

>>> Afaik you chose none.
>>>

>> See my comments about Jon Disnard later in my text, i assumed he was still a
>> community member only to hear about him being a RH employee for less than a
>> month now on Friday evening.

>>> There is no rule to that says nominators cant serve on more the one
>>> group, infact there exist quite bit of overlap already so both of us
>>> could have been choisen...
>>>

>> Looking at https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/1170 i see no overlap
>> between all 4 WGs so far, but maybe i'm missing something.
>
> I'm coordinator for the Workstation WG, and also up for the Base WG.
> I did this willingly.

So thinking about this more, I'll point out that I told Phil
originally that I'm happy to participate from a kernel perspective
regardless.  I don't need to be a voting member of this WG to cover
that.  I'll already be working with all of the WGs from a kernel
perspective anyway, since they all have somewhat differing needs.  If
there is someone that is better suited to discussing and driving the
base of our products, I'm more than willing for them to take my place
on this WG.

josh