A dependency for a noarch package has been removed on an archictecture. How to silent broken dependency mails?

Petr Pisar ppisar at redhat.com
Wed Sep 4 12:44:51 UTC 2013

Hello,

I've just got a broken-dependency e-mail:

perl-Alien-ROOT has broken dependencies in the F-20 tree:
On armhfp:
        perl-Alien-ROOT-5.34.3.1-3.fc20.noarch requires root-core

Indeed root/root-core has been excluded from ARM with commit e2dd5b2818.
The problem is perl-Alien-ROOT is noarch package.

Is there a way how to tell koji, that noarch perl-Alien-ROOT should not
be available on ARM? Adding ExcludeArch into the noarch package does not
make much sense.

I could change perl-Alien-ROOT from noarch to architecture specific, but
that's cheating and more seriously it just shifts the problem in the
reverese dependency hierarchy to next level (i.e. I would get broken
dependency for packages requiring perl-Alien-ROOT).

How does Fedora infrastracture deal with this issue?

-- Petr