.lz sources?

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 18:30:17 UTC 2013

On Thu, Sep 05, 2013 at 06:40:03PM +0300, Susi Lehtola wrote:
> Hi,
>

> investigating the FTBFS of ddrescue I noticed that upstream has
> switched to releasing tarballs only in .lz compressed format. This is
> currently not supported by rpmbuild.
>
> How should one proceed with the situation? Manual decompression instead
> of %setup?

You should still use %setup to setup the directory that will be used and
such. But yes, after that, do manual decompression to actually get the
sources onto the filesystem.

(PS: I have to refer to the Maximum RPM section on the flags you can give to
the %setup macro when I have to do this since I do it so infrequently:
http://www.rpm.org/max-rpm-snapshot/s1-rpm-inside-macros.html

)

-Toshio