19 (Schrödinger’s Cat)

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Sep 5 18:52:35 UTC 2013

Am 05.09.2013 20:32, schrieb Sérgio Basto:
> On Qui, 2013-09-05 at 16:35 +0200, Reindl Harald wrote:
>> do we get this annoying wrong display in GRUB fixed
>> inside the F19 lifetime or *at least* if i remove it
>> from /boot/grub2/grub.cfg and have only
>> "Fedora (3.10.10-200.fc19.x86_64)" get away insist at
>> *every* kernel update add " 19 (Schrödinger’s Cat)"
>> again?
>
> I think that depends on /etc/default/grub
> if you have the line
> GRUB_DISTRIBUTOR="$(sed 's, release .*$,,g' /etc/system-release)"

how should it?

/etc/grub/default does (thanks god) *not* matter in
case of kernel-updates by yum and grubby
____________________

even if:

[root at testserver:~]$ cat /etc/default/grub | grep GRUB_DISTRIBUTOR
GRUB_DISTRIBUTOR="Fedora"

so, no whatever macro is repsonsible for this exactly at the release
with a non well thought release name this happens - why in the world
does Fedora again and agin make decisions which are *not* tested and
months before release the impact is known are *not* reverted?

*do not touch my hand-made grub-configuration due kernel-updates*
except teh path to the kernel and initrd which works since many
years - *nobody* needs release names at all and and least
nobody needs inisting in show them at the first output at boot
in a broken way