Dracut HostOnly or ConfigurationOnly?

"J├│hann B. Gu├░mundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 10:45:07 UTC 2013

On 09/06/2013 10:15 AM, Jiri Eischmann wrote:
> Can this not be done automatically? If the system fails to boot because
> of significant hardware changes, it's an obvious option to regenerate
> initramfs. I can't image a normal user go to the rescue mode and run
> "dracut --regenerate-all". Not that it's difficult to do it, but the
> discoverability of the solution is bad.

This has been discussed in the past and if we are going to head down
that road we need a proper end user friendly UI rescue environment for
the core/baseOS which automatically scans things for problem and
proposes to fix that for the novice end user.

I'm pretty sure nobody is against this but as usual as someone has to do
all that work...

JBG