Default boot/root filesystem

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Fri Sep 6 22:48:34 UTC 2013

According to this:

http://www.serverwatch.com/server-news/where-is-red-hat-enterprise-linux-7.html

RHEL7 will use XFS for the default boot/root.

I could certainly have been out of town, for a while, and missed this. But,
to the best of my knowledge, Fedora uses ext4 as the default boot/root. Just
sounds a bit strange to me, that this is getting dumped into RHEL without
tossing it into Fedora first, to rattle around, and shake any bugs out,
beforehand. Don't really have an opinion either way, myself, I would just
expect that something like this would go into Fedora first.