Default boot/root filesystem

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Sat Sep 7 09:34:28 UTC 2013

On 09/07/2013 03:19 AM, Ken Dreyer wrote:
> Sure, RHEL is distinct from Fedora, and they make different decisions,
> etc. The original point still stands: it's puzzling that XFS may end
> up as the default in RHEL 7 when it has never been the default for
> even a single Fedora release.

Entirely irrelevant as has been pointed out.

RHEL defaults are largely driven by it's customer/client base needs.

> The "Fedora is RHEL beta" meme may be slightly off-base, but I would
> hardly call the meme st00pid. The meme persists so strongly because
> there's an element of truth to it.

The only element of truth in it is that we are upstream for it and it's
derivatives,

At RHEL release time you can often find bugs in RHEL that we have fixed
here in Fedora, in the release that RHEL release was based on.

>   Besides, why else would Red Hat
> pour so much money into Fedora:)

Amongst other things Innovation, community feedback etc, there are
several other reasons for return of investment in Fedora other then
"Testing".

JBG