Retiring libeio

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Sun Sep 8 07:48:35 UTC 2013

On Sat, 7 Sep 2013 18:03:48 -0700, T.C. Hollingsworth wrote:

> I adopted libeio back when Node.js still bundled it to aid in the unbundling
> effort, but upstream "fixed" the bundling problem here by no longer using
> libeio for anything.

That explains a bit more!

libeio is bundled within perl-IO-AIO at Fedora

  http://search.cpan.org/~mlehmann/IO-AIO-4.18/AIO.pm

and is built as a private AIO.so lib.

I've tried to find out why there haven't been any libeio releases to download,
although it's at version 4.18 already. The home page says it's Beta. The cvs
snapshot contains doc files that refer to libev (that one is at 4.15), which
is a separate package (also at Fedora). The source also bundles ecb.h, which
refers to libecb from the same author. That's "libecb" at Fedora.