Default boot/root filesystem

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 14:42:28 UTC 2013

On 09/09/2013 02:35 PM, Josef Bacik wrote:
>> >In a 21 century distro the sub community would decide which default
>> >filesystem would be their preference to deliverer the best out of the box
>> >experience for their product but hey rings to rule them all and hobbits too.
>> >
> I'd like to see this become a reality, that way I don't have to deal
> with the bureaucracy that is the fedora feature process to make btrfs
> the default, I can just make my own spin for people who want to try it
> out and when it becomes stable enough the other spins can integrate it
> if they so choose.  Thanks,

The ring proposal is made up of the old outdated mentality so I'm not
seeing that dream becoming reality but I dont think there is actually
anything to prevent this from a technical point of view ( as in
limitation in anaconda/lorax )

The Desktop sig cannot do this and KDE probably not since those are
release blocking desktop however the Gnome SIG might as well as the
other spins.

JBG