PostgreSQL 9.3 in Fedora 20?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon Sep 9 15:37:54 UTC 2013

On Mon, Sep 09, 2013 at 17:19:54 +0200,
   MichaƂ Piotrowski <mkkp4x4 at gmail.com> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I know that currently Fedora 20 is in feature freeze state. But Alpha
>version is still not released and PosgreSQL developers released new latest
>and greates version
>http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/release-9-3.html with cool
>features. Are there chances to get this version for F20?

Database guys are pretty conservative. Based on the past (though Tom
isn't doing the updates for Fedora any more), the release needed to be
out before beta. Currently there is just an RC for 9.3, so it may or may not
end up being released before F20 beta. Normally the postgres maintainer
hasn't gambled on a release happening and built postgres RCs or Betas
for rawhide hoping that things don't slip.