Dracut HostOnly or ConfigurationOnly?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Sep 9 12:19:12 UTC 2013

Am 09.09.2013 14:11, schrieb Jóhann B. Guðmundsson:
>>> This has been discussed in the past and if we are going to head down
>>> that road we need a proper end user friendly UI rescue environment for
>>> the core/baseOS which automatically scans things for problem and
>>> proposes to fix that for the novice end user.
>>>
>>> I'm pretty sure nobody is against this but as usual as someone has to do
>>> all that work...
>> It should have been a prerequisite for dracut host-only feature.
>
> It's nonsense having an full blown rescue environment as an requirement for dracut-hostonly feature

i think you misread the post - IMHO the intention was that once again
a feature with zero benefit was acknowledged without caseful think about
the negative impact

maybe the "dracut-hostonly" feature was nonsense at all to save how many seconds at boot?
the ones who like it and knowing what they are doing used it long ago
the ones with less technical background have more potential problems now