Proposal: AppData files in all application packages?

Elad Alfassa elad at fedoraproject.org
Mon Sep 9 20:08:52 UTC 2013

On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 6:59 PM, Remi Collet <Fedora at famillecollet.com>wrote:

> Le 09/09/2013 17:51, Florian Müllner a écrit :
> > On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 5:36 PM, Remi Collet <Fedora at famillecollet.com>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> I don't see any localization information in those specifications...
> >
> > From the above link: "Questions: [...] How do I translate this data?"
>
> Sorry, but this need more explanation / sample / howto.
>
> As I understand, localization is not planned for 3.10.
>
> Sorry, but without translation, I just think this is a NO-GO for me.
>
> Remi.
>
> --

Hey Remi.
3.10 *will* support localization. Patches already landed.

https://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-software/commit/?id=5b5d58c4abde7229f39246ccf3e42bb04d68bd15
https://github.com/hughsie/fedora-appstream/commit/6683d10503a592ac02ec9cf9671c817b2077e82e

If you have any specific questions (after reading both commit messages),
we'll be happy to answer them.
--
-Elad Alfassa.