fedmsg for voting?

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Tue Sep 10 20:23:47 UTC 2013

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 04:08:20PM -0400, Ralph Bean wrote:
> What is under question is that it publishes a message for each set of
> votes cast by users[3].  It includes the number of votes cast, the fas
> username of the person who did the voting, and in what election they
> voted.  It does *not* include what the person voted for or against.

I think it's pretty typical for the fact of voting to be public even when
the contents of the vote are secret. I wonder about number of votes cast,
though -- in the F20 name election there was a suggestion of casting zero
votes as a protest against the names, and I wouldn't be surprised if there
are other situations where the number of votes carries some meaning.

Also, you're probably on this already, but put statement about what is and
isn't fedmsg'd on the voting page.