fedmsg for voting?

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Tue Sep 10 21:19:10 UTC 2013

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 03:50:58PM -0500, inode0 wrote:
> No. In what election where the votes cast are secret is the fact of
> voting public? I can't recall ever participating in such an election
> but maybe my head is full of mud today. I have an expectation that my
> voting behavior is private.

For example, in most elections in the United States. I'm sure the
particulars vary by state, but it is the general case. For example, here's
Iowa: http://sos.iowa.gov/elections/voterreg/voterlistrequests.html; in that
case, I don't think the specific votes are recorded, but you will be marked
as inactive if you don't vote at least once every four years. Other states
track and provide more information.