fedmsg for voting?

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Tue Sep 10 21:29:46 UTC 2013

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 04:21:30PM -0500, inode0 wrote:
> > For example, in most elections in the United States. I'm sure the
> > particulars vary by state, but it is the general case. For example, here's
> > Iowa: http://sos.iowa.gov/elections/voterreg/voterlistrequests.html; in that
> > case, I don't think the specific votes are recorded, but you will be marked
> > as inactive if you don't vote at least once every four years. Other states
> > track and provide more information.
> Being from Iowa I know that they do not have any idea whether I voted.

You're talking about the distinction between actually voting vs. showing up
at the voting place and then not voting, right? For the purposes of this
particular discussion, I'm pretty sure we can dismiss that as semantics.
Presumably, from the point of view of Iowa, that counts you as an active
voter.

But anyway, if people feel really strongly about this, I think the opt out
of badge tracking is an okay approach. (Even if it makes more checkboxes.)