fedmsg for voting?

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Tue Sep 10 22:00:07 UTC 2013

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 04:53:59PM -0500, inode0 wrote:
> > But anyway, if people feel really strongly about this, I think the opt out
> > of badge tracking is an okay approach. (Even if it makes more checkboxes.)
> I find it hard to agree that forcing people to opt out of things they
> reasonably feel invade their privacy is a road Fedora wants to go
> down. But if you all conclude my argument/expectation for privacy in
> the case of my voting behavior is unreasonable then proceed.

I think the benefit of encouraging more participation through voting is a
reasonable tradeoff for this particular bit of information (voted in a
particular election, possibly chosing no candidates). I do think we need to
disclose it.

Do you feel strongly enough about this that you would refrain from voting in
Fedora elections? (Serious question.)