fedmsg for voting?

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 00:08:49 UTC 2013

On Sep 10, 2013 3:00 PM, "inode0" <inode0 at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> I got "Internal Server Error" when I tried this...  and now I'm on the
> >> home page, when what I really wanted was to make sure I had nothing to
> >> do with it :-P
> >
> > Oh no!  Sorry about that.  I just tried it too but I couldn't
> > duplicate the error.

> >> Does this deactivate your FAS account, or just the badges?
> >
> > Just the badges.  You won't show up on the badges.fp.o frontpage, or the
> > badges.fp.o leaderboard, and the backend awarder won't consider you
> > for future badges.  "Deactivating your account" there has no effect
beyond
> > the badges systems.
>
> Would it prevent messages about my voting behavior from being visible
> in other places?

Nope.  Fedmsg is what we're using to carry information about events (for
instance, $username voted in $election).  Badges consumes the information
from fedmsg looking for particular events that it awards badges for.  So
disabling badges only disables the badge awarder piece.  It doesn't address
the underlying privacy question in a meaningful way.

-Toshio