Firewall blocking desktop features

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 08:41:07 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-09-11 at 10:04 +0200, Reindl Harald wrote:
> and who controls for sure that bad software does not the same?
<snip>

The source of all this software is available to be looked at. So really,
you can verify that only the required ports are opened up.

> *nobody* and *nothing* has to punch holes im my firewalls - period

No one is doing it behind your back here either.

Reiterating the points from my last mail:

- These software inform and take permission from the user before opening
ports in the firewall.
- An alternative solution is where the software would just pop a message
telling you that you need to open so and so ports in the firewall.
--
Thanks,
Warm regards,

Join Fedora! Come talk to us!