Packages requiring Xorg "BackingStore" "true"

Sandro Mani manisandro at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 12:12:44 UTC 2013

On 11.09.2013 13:22, Florian Weimer wrote:
> On 09/11/2013 01:07 PM, Sandro Mani wrote:
>
>> Thanks for you quick reply, unfortunately the replot function is defined
>> nowhere.
>
> Oooh.  Perhaps try calling GWXFLUSH(), then?  That should restore the
> window contents from the stored pixmap.  It won't work if client code
> ever calls GWXDRAWTOWINDOW(), though.
>
> Can you provide more context?

The xfoil code is here [1].  The relevant code for the plot window is
what is in the plotlib subfolder. I've just checked whether that Expose
case is ever reached, and it does not seem the case, since GWXCURS is
apparently only called occasionally based on user input on the xfoil
command line. I guess there would need to be a permanently active while
loop which looks at X events, the question is how to do it without
blocking the rest of the program - I fear that it is not so easy to do
without major changes at the program logic.

But thanks for your suggestions, now I have a good idea of where to
fiddle around;)

Sandro

[1] http://smani.fedorapeople.org/xfoil6.97.tar.gz