fedmsg for voting?

Pierre-Yves Chibon pingou at pingoured.fr
Thu Sep 12 14:19:01 UTC 2013

On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 04:08:21PM +0200, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 08:59:40AM -0400, Ralph Bean wrote:
> > > >
> > > I had thought that this would trigger off of someone hitting submit on the
> > > election page.  That should vote 0 for all candidates if no votes are
> > > assigned but still meet the trigger condition.  Not sure if that meets the
> > > criteria for objectors, though.  Ralph bean should weigh in here as to
> > > whether "logged in during an election period" would also be suitable (which
> > > was something that people seemed to think would be acceptable earlier in
> > > the thread).
> >
> > Hm, its not worth doing if we're going to make it complex like this.
> > I think we should just drop it.  No fedmsg broadcast for votes, only
> > for election period opening/closing and only for election results
> > publication/retraction by the admin (with obviously no user
> > participation data included).
> >
> > It is just not important enough to:
> >
> > 1) cause anyone any worry.
> > 2) bother engineering a complicated "compromise" solution.
> >
> > If someone wants to argue that we still try to make it happen, I'll
> > hear that and implement it if a consensus is formed.  (FWIW,
> > personally I'm still all for it).
>
> I tend to align with Ralph on this. I do think there is interest and even
> benefit from having a badge system coupled with the elections.
> If only because we have 2436 (on Thu Sep 12 13:56:25 UTC 2013) people registered
> on badges while for the last elections we had:
> - FESCO: 200 ballots
> - Board: 204 ballots

Ah, got my number wrong, I must had found an older elections

In June 2013 we announce results for Board, FESCo and FAmSCo:
- Board: 157 ballots
- FESCo: 166 ballots
- FAmSCo: 175 ballots
source: https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/announce/2013-June/003166.html
And this month, for the F20 release name: 361 ballots
source: https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/announce/2013-September/003181.html

Point still stands though.