Heads up! I'm going to upgrade Wireshark up to 1.10.x in Fedora 18

Peter Lemenkov lemenkov at gmail.com
Fri Sep 13 08:11:00 UTC 2013

2013/9/12 Jan Kratochvil <jan.kratochvil at redhat.com>:
> On Thu, 12 Sep 2013 10:42:20 +0200, Peter Lemenkov wrote:
>> I'm afraid that's just adds additional work for maintainers w/o any
>> visible benefits.
>
> The benefits are the stable Fedora release does not break 3rd party
> applications during its deployment/lifecycle.
>

>> Let's move further instead of backporting - that's just a leafnode app so
>> nobody got hurt by a potential dependency issue.
>
> wireshark.rpm contains many commandline utilities which may be used by
> 3rd party sysadmin scripts (and maybe even 3rd party C applications).

Don't worry about that. If these people processed external data for
two months with software containing more than 30+ exploitable
vulnerabilities then they either dead/offline permanently, or already
hacked. In both cases they lost control over their hardware and won't
complain.

Regarding command line utilities - they are quite stable in terms of
CLI interface and compatible.
--
With best regards, Peter Lemenkov.