numatop: %{optflags} fail the 32bit build

Florian Weimer fweimer at redhat.com
Fri Sep 13 08:19:25 UTC 2013

On 09/13/2013 10:12 AM, Dridi Boukelmoune wrote:

> Actually, this morning (in the train) I've tested your code with my
> tmp variable and it works if I remove the deref!

Yes, that should work as well, because the value itself is an output
register.

> mov %%ebx, %1
> (btw, what do %1 and %4 mean ?)

These are placeholders for the register names and are replaced with the
actual register names chosen by the compiler, based on the specified
constraints and the surrounding code the compiler generated from the C
source.

>> I also forget that for full correctness, there should now be a "memory"
>> clobber as well (in the clobber section after yet another colon):
>
> What would it do ? A compiler memory barrier ?

Correct.