Proposal: AppData files in all application packages?

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Fri Sep 13 16:34:02 UTC 2013

On Fri, 13 Sep 2013 06:28:09 -0400
Matthias Clasen <mclasen at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2013-09-12 at 17:39 -0500, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
>

> > So I am confused. In your request to legal you say Release
> > Engineering asked for legal to okay it. However I dont remember
> > ever asking you to get legal's okay.  Who in releng asked you to?
>
> <nirik> I'm going to not continue this, because it's not actually my
> argument and I am not a lawyer. Please go talk to fedora-legal.

Note that I was simply saying that this is the issue that the previous
plan ran into. :) It doesn't mean thats the only issue to be overcome.

> > I really do not think we can integrate this into our release
> > processes right now.
>
> Thankfully, we're not asking for it for 'right now'. We want it for
> f21.

Great. I still think it would be good to look at and come to a plan
sooner rather than wait for f21. (If things could get done in rawhide
when they are agreed on that would be good).

kevin