abrt Bugzilla summary

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Fri Sep 13 16:38:41 UTC 2013

On Fri, 13 Sep 2013 17:35:20 +0200
Jakub Filak <jfilak at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> a bugzilla ticket [1] requiring a better Bugzilla summary field text
> produced by abrt has been filed. Before I start changing the bug
> summary format I'd like to do a little survey:
>
> What would you like see in the bug summaries produced by abrt?

I actually disagree with the reporter of the bug.

I prefer to have the component name in the subject of the bug. It's
true that you can look this up by going to the bug on the web and that
it's in the initial email, but after that the context of update emails
is not there, so it's harder for me to know _which_ of the many abrt
bugs this is.

My thought would be:

Current:

[abrt] util-linux-2.23.2-2.fc19: recount_geometry:
Process /usr/sbin/fdisk was killed by signal 8 (SIGFPE)

New:
[abrt] util-linux: fdisk:recount_geometry() killed by SIGFPE

kevin