What does it mean if two debuginfo packages create the same dwz build ID file?

Frank Ch. Eigler fche at redhat.com
Sat Sep 14 23:39:00 UTC 2013

"Richard W.M. Jones" <rjones at redhat.com> writes:

> [...]  So in summary, is this a bug in how I'm building debuginfo
> files or a bug in the debuginfo generation or something else?

It's more the latter than the former.  Your debuginfo files lack
something that for other C builds would set them apart, perhaps some
reference to unique build-time source trees.  But anyway, pure
content-based build-ids are IMHO misguided (since they presume
non-conflict from external coincedences), thus my salting
proposal/patch in BZ1002341.

- FChE