oyranos build loop issue

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sun Sep 15 14:49:31 UTC 2013

On Sun, Sep 15, 2013 at 20:45:03 +0800,
   Christopher Meng <cickumqt at gmail.com> wrote:
>Side note:
>
>I'm maintaining oyranos. It depends on elektra 0.7 but elektra upstream
>just notified me update. Unfortunately oyranos doesn't support elektra 0.8+.
>
>If you think that Xcm problem is a bug, feel free to file a bug.
>
>http://sourceforge.net/p/oyranos/feature-requests/13/

It looks like ther is either a problem in the tests script (plus another one)
or the Xcm xcm.pc file. The xcm.pc does not list -I/usr/include/X11/Xcm
for cflag options, just the default /usr/include which gets stripped. So
that when the output of pc-config --cflags xcm is tested it thinks the
package wasn't found. If things are set this way than the include
file references will always need to be prefixed X11/Xcm, which I don't
know is normal or not.

So I am not sure if this is an Xcm bug or an oyranos bug (or both).

Also the minversion variable isn't tested against the package version, 0.2
is instead. This is an oyranos bug, but doesn't actually hurt the Fedora
build.