Reminder on how to EOL a package

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 03:12:31 UTC 2013

On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 10:17 PM, Dennis Gilmore <dennis at ausil.us> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> As the procedure recently changed a little and many people have gotten
> it wrong for a long time I wanted to bring to everyones attention the
> proper procedure to retire a package that is no longer useful.
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_remove_a_package_at_end_of_life
>
> its now one step from the CLI assuming you have a new enough fedpkg
> installed fedpkg-1.13-1 or newer. many thanks to Till for the
> implementation.

Fwiw, I tried this earlier today and it threw errors when trying to do
the pkgdb orphan step:

remote: Emitting a message to the fedmsg bus.
To ssh://jwboyer@pkgs.fedoraproject.org/ql2100-firmware
   37373c3..08b4818  master -> master
Error: Auth was requested but no way to perform auth was given.
Please set username and password or session_id before calling this
function with auth=True
Could not retire package: Command '['pkgdb-cli', 'orphan', '--retire',
'ql2100-firmware', 'devel']' returned non-zero exit status 5
[jwboyer at zod ql2100-firmware]$

I also tried running the pkgdb-cli command by itself with --user and
--password specified, but that didn't work either.

josh