how to build a scratch build of an older version of my package ?

Mikolaj Izdebski mizdebsk at redhat.com
Wed Sep 18 07:24:19 UTC 2013

On 09/17/2013 09:30 PM, David Timms wrote:
> In trying to track down when a bug began showing up, I'd like to build
> an earlier version of my package eg from 9 months ago (hence earlier
> upstream release and different spec/patches). How can that be achieved
> on the builder ?

koji build --scratch <target>
'git://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/<pkgname>?#<hash>'

You just need to substitute Koji target you want to build for, component
(source package) name and git commit hash that you want to build.  For
example:

koji build --scratch f19-candidate
'git://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/javapackages-tools?#4a755d42fa884cacdb373ac05c8b3b9e62751994'

> Does the build system keep the build logs of old packages, ie that shows
> what build requires-version was installed, and which gcc compiler
> version was used ?

Unreferenced builds are garbage collected, which means build logs will
eventually be removed.

--
Mikolaj Izdebski
IRC: mizdebsk