hidden GRUB menu -> Re: Suspension problem last 2 days

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Sep 22 15:41:48 UTC 2013

Am 22.09.2013 17:36, schrieb drago01:
> On Sun, Sep 22, 2013 at 3:21 AM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:

>>> When you boot your system, don't you have a menu to select up to 3 kernels?
>>
>> and that is why i cried on @devel about the idea to hide the GRUB menu as default
>
> Err you know that we do *not* hide the grub menu in F19?

no - because i do not care about Fedora defaults in many cases for my machines

> If anything you have just proven that just because the menu is shown
> people will not automatically know what the options there mean.

no - it is proven that even if it is there it's hard to understand
hide it does not make this better

> So can you stop "crying about the idea to hide the GRUB menu as(by)
> default" now?

no, simply because if it is hard to move the cursor down in a
already displayed menu for some users you can be sure that they
never have a chance to learn about the existing older kernel
by hide it

if the affected machine is their only one they also have
no chance to ask for help and are lost

P.S.:
do not give thunderbird a negative karma because some extension
is not updated / rebuilt, file a bugreport for the extension!