thunderbird-24.0.2 reverted - why? (Use the commit log..., Luke)

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Tue Sep 24 17:31:20 UTC 2013

On 09/24/2013 11:18 AM, Heiko Adams wrote:
> Am 24.09.2013 19:06, schrieb Bruno Wolff III:
>> On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 15:50:22 +0200,
>>    Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> if one person maintains thunderbird and the other one lightning
>>> how do you imagine that both packages are built at the same
>>> moment and get the same karma?
>>
>> There is a process for this. The t-bird maintainer gives the lightning
>> maintainer a heads up and does the t-bird build. The lightning
>> maintainer does a build override (to get the t-bird package into the set
>> of packages used when doing bulds) and builds lightning. Then the
>> lightning maintainer sets up a bohdi update with both t-bird and
>> lightning in it.
>
> So in this case the process seems to be failed or not initiated.

I just love people commenting with *no* idea of what is going on.  Jan Horack
(TB owner) and I (lightning owner) do talk to each other.  Jan has commit
access to lightning and updates it regularly.  In this case it turned out that
lightning had a lot of build issues that took a long time to solve.

So, the process is fine and is being used.

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                       orion at nwra.com