Default boot/root filesystem

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Wed Sep 25 16:08:07 UTC 2013

https://patrick-nagel.net/blog/archives/337
https://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/FAQ#Does_Btrfs_support_TRIM.2Fdiscard.3F

> I have 4 SSDs of various manufacturers all used as root and boot drives. All use ext4 and have TRIM enabled. I have yet to experience any perceived slow downs.

OK but is that ext4 on the physical device or is LVM or RAID in between? I don't think TRIM passthrough to the physical device is default behavior with either LVM or md. If ext4 is directly on the physical device, all this says is you have four SSD models that aren't negatively impacted by TRIM. There are hundreds of models of SSDs.

Chris Murphy