Default boot/root filesystem

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Wed Sep 25 17:07:16 UTC 2013

On Sep 25, 2013, at 10:48 AM, Michael Cronenworth <mike at cchtml.com> wrote:

> Chris Murphy wrote:
>> https://patrick-nagel.net/blog/archives/337
>
> He provides no reliable testing method. I don't consider his results to be scientific or useful. One blogger will not be enough evidence.

You say that as if it's the only link I provided. You disregard, without comment, the btrfs faq link entirely.

Go search the btrfs dev list. There, there's enough uncertainty surrounding the use of TRIM that it seems clearly not a good idea to use as a default, with the present state of the technology (or at least, agreements among vendors as their TRIM behaviors do differ). And I suspect also on the XFS list as well.

Chris Murphy